Vietnamese Duck blood soup is best served fresh

If you are into really disgusting delicacies (which I guess you are, since you are here), then here’s a true treat for you! Vietnamese duck blood spoup is best served fresh. In fact, the soup consista of only raw, uncooked duck blood, which is normally flavoured with ginger and some vegetables. Quick, fresh and supposedly very tasty. Yummy!

Source: www.odditycentral.com

Bookmark and Share

How gross do you think this was on scale 1 to 5?
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (114 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5)
Loading...Loading...

22 Comments »

1. Sarah said,

March 4, 2008 @ 3:30 pm

…Well, I guess it must be good if it’s popular. Not exactly my cup of tea but, oh well.

…It looks like cherry jello…ugh…

2. dave said,

March 5, 2008 @ 5:12 pm

Bird flu anyone? It’s steamin’ fresh!

3. Wormbrain said,

March 15, 2008 @ 9:54 am

Mmmmmm coagulated blood for lunch!

4. Sarah said,

May 16, 2008 @ 4:17 pm

Mmm…fresh duck blood! Sounds…delicious?

I don’t think I could ever force myself to eat this…

5. chum said,

June 13, 2008 @ 8:01 am

H5N1 no way …5/5

6. matt said,

June 17, 2008 @ 9:26 am

howcan u drink blood dirty ppl nasty weirdo

7. matt said,

June 17, 2008 @ 9:46 am

diry pisshead howcan u eat this shit eat a burger instead

8. Joe said said,

June 25, 2008 @ 6:05 am

yummy stuff i eat duck balls

9. Grant says said,

June 25, 2008 @ 6:07 am

i eats duck balls too

10. brad said,

July 15, 2008 @ 6:37 am

i love duck it is so sexy

11. viet boi said,

August 5, 2008 @ 9:31 pm

one of my favorite food

it looks scary but very delicious.
    here is the better picture of duck blood soup (tiet canh)

vietnamese ppl don’t drink it, we eat

ps: best food ever until H5N1

12. karyn said,

August 7, 2008 @ 2:33 am

how would you know if it was nice or not if you haven’t tried it, i wouldn’t toouch it if it was the last thing on this planet to eat. i’d rather eat my own arse.

13. cookie said,

August 9, 2008 @ 10:03 pm

im viet and i love eating it its so YUMMY BABY!

14. tai said,

November 8, 2008 @ 4:12 pm

15. tai said,

November 8, 2008 @ 4:13 pm

a you guys got it twisted i am vietnamese and it isn’t how you descibe it. there are many step to prepare this dish. It does not take 15 minute to prepare this dish more like 2 or 3 hours. The blood when you slit the ducks throat is mixed with 3 tablespoons of fish sauce and 1 tablespoon of water. When you slit the ducks throat you mix it in with the fish sauce and once the duck is done with the blood you must leave the blood some where steady making sure it doesn’t move cause if it does it will freeze. now there are plenty of vegetables we use but im not going to get into that. We boil the duck and make portridge but before the rice is added we take out the duck and mince the meat and vegetable. We then put a thin layer of meat mixed with vegetable on each plate now this is where you get confused. how the blood freeze is when you add the water from when we boiled the duck into the blowl of blood and mix it. Then you pour it into the each plate and thats when the blood starts to freeze up. iF you have any questions email me at bayfahstah@aol.com DONT GET IT TWISTED THIS SHIT IS BOMB

16. Jason said,

November 20, 2008 @ 4:23 pm

The way it’s described by Tai actualy sounds good. I mean I’m not one to just bite open a duck’s neck and have a munch, but y’know. I eat steak just seared. As in the outside a little bit cooked at high temp and the inside raw. I love black pudding (pig’s blood) and lamb’s heart is one of my favourite foods.
    I’d give it a go

17. Christina said,

September 23, 2009 @ 10:40 pm

You people are so closed-minded. Different countries have different delicacies so try learn some respect. They dont go calling fat people who cant breathe after taking one step in front of them from having an oil-dipped twinkie or greased burger everyday. Look at them, and look at us. They live longer and are more healthy than us. Damn those asians, what are we doing wrong? Being idiots, that’s what.

18. Duy said,

October 15, 2009 @ 8:31 pm

Alive Blood Sucker….

19. Murat said,

November 2, 2009 @ 4:15 pm

Ugly is not an enough word for this sht.food. freaky, nasty, ugly…must be together in this dish!

20. wildfish said,

November 9, 2009 @ 11:16 pm

please..don’t jump the gun…….open your mind..gather info then make upyoru mind…I think I shall try this….for another idea..and very Viet..rub garlic and salt and honey…sprinkle 5 spice powder and cover with grated onion and bake high temp….sooooooooo delicious..but that is a short cut to traditional which marinades the duck or chicken rinses ithe bird then barbeques…..but you get the idea….roll with it……..

21. gastronimique said,

January 27, 2010 @ 2:35 pm

They eat this in Laos as well, with fresh herbs added to it ( I think). Can’t remember what they call it though.

22. LEONARDO VILLAR said,

October 22, 2010 @ 4:37 am

I think i will like that food too even though I’m not familiar with that….I’ll ask a Thai or a Lao ’bout that…(personally and face to face of course)Thanks for the info..

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI