Canned birds nest drink

Canned birds nest drink

Could this be the most disgusting soda drink ever? Available in China, where birds nests are a highly appreciated delicacy.

And no, it’s not a fake!

Source: www.wired.com

Bookmark and Share

How gross do you think this was on scale 1 to 5?
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (65 votes, average: 3.35 out of 5)
Loading...Loading...

18 Comments »

1. SPz said,

December 13, 2007 @ 7:25 pm

it is quite common in asia to have bird’s nest. and although it says nest, it’s not real nest, it’s made from the saliva. when u don’t think about it and try to eat it, it’s pretty decent. and since they make it to can drinks, i’m guessing they won’t put the high quality one, cuz the real thing is pretty expensive

2. Gear911 said,

May 27, 2008 @ 10:37 pm

Eew! how gross!

3. Vashti said,

October 8, 2008 @ 4:14 am

Thankfully i had no idea when i drunk it– like little baby noodles–not too Bad and very good for the complexion i hear!
    now i Know more!

4. 51ann said,

June 2, 2009 @ 8:50 am

should appreciate the culture from different countries.. bird nest is just a name.. actually it made from saliva of the bird which is full of protein and other minerals..

5. samantha said,

June 17, 2009 @ 9:40 pm

eww that is super super gross

6. Ashley said,

July 23, 2009 @ 11:21 am

Its like french kissing a bird. Haha. Slurping down something else’s spit. They had it in Singapore.

7. Anonymous said,

July 23, 2009 @ 6:27 pm

It’s just the “syrup” from white fungus with the saliva from the very rare bird. It’s almost sweet and doesn’t really have much of a flavour.

8. Danger Zone said,

July 28, 2009 @ 3:19 pm

Didn’t Bird Flu come from China. Specifically, from the same mountains where bird’s nest used for drinks are?

9. Bao Vu said,

August 12, 2009 @ 1:24 pm

Wow, who cares about the stuff, as long as its good right, to me i rate this drink 9/10, because it taste soo good ;]

10. Elaine said,

August 30, 2009 @ 4:51 am

This is not a soda drink >_>;

11. Aussie guy said,

January 28, 2010 @ 11:42 am

I love how the ignorant individuals go “Eww” and shit like that, so you’d rather bash bird nest then the fat you get from macdonalds and shit like that lol. It’s acutally not a bad drink, in fact I don’t even notice anything. it just tastes sweet. The real expensive birds nest is out of the price range for unappreciattive individuals, hence their reaction. It’s not like you’re ever going to expect general people to except high class delicacy.

12. 'Bird Nest' Lover said,

February 24, 2010 @ 12:09 am

Amen to everyone who advocates this drink! It’s good for your body and tastes so good! The drink cleans out your system(I don’t know how to explain it in english…). But yeah, it really is expensive but whenever my dad returns from Asia, he would bring back some. My mom makes it so that it’s really sweet ’cause that’s how my brothers and I like it. You’re only supposed to drink it late at night or early in the morning when you haven’t eaten anything. Try it! (:

13. Hmmm said,

July 13, 2010 @ 8:30 am

I actually tried this once. It tasted like cotton candy sort of. I only tried a sip though because I didn’t want to get any of the weird jelly bits in it.

14. Lai-Lai said,

August 22, 2010 @ 11:37 pm

I saw the CINEMA SNOB drink a can of this stuff on sit website. He says the taste isn;t that bad, despite being made out of salyva, blood, & fungus, but it’s the lumpiness that gets you.

15. Lai-Lai said,

August 22, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

Don’t advocate drinking or eating Birds Nest Soup; Cave Swallows need that shit to lay their eggs in, to sleep in. When the nest farmers take them down they have to make them over & over until their mouthes bleed.

16. Lai-Lai said,

August 22, 2010 @ 11:40 pm

My bad, it’s Cave Swift.

17. Lisa said,

September 3, 2010 @ 11:44 am

Tried bird’s nest soup last year from like http://www.geocities.jp/hongkong_bird_nest/index_e.htm . Tastes really good… yeah, I thought it was gross at first, but wow, you won’t regret it.

18. JM said,

September 29, 2010 @ 11:41 pm

Do they hurt the birds when they kick them out of the nests to make this drink?

RSS feed for comments on this post · TrackBack URI